PLEASE READ OUR TERMS OF ADOPTION
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle
difference between a dog and a man.|
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
The birth of D.R.L. was due solely to need: the need to find good homes for Dobes that are abandoned, lost
or mistreated and are in dire need of a new lease on life. We also help families recover their lost dogs, or on the
other hand, help those who have given up their dog. There is a need for this type of work in all breeds, but even more so
with the Doberman Pinscher because of vast public misunderstanding and fear. Again, because we are dealing with Dobermans,
these dogs are a prime target for guard dog stables. They were getting them from local pounds, regardless of temperament
or stability for the fast dollar there is to be made on rentals or resale. Therefore, we feel that the responsibility
must rest with us who know and love the breed. What better reward could there be than knowing that there are great
homes waiting to Dobes which might otherwise end up chained to some warehouse, put down, left to starve, or run loose
in the streets to be crippled or killed in traffic.
TERMS OF ADOPTION:
- Fee: The only fee involved is to cover our expenses ($145.00US adoption fee) No personal checks accepted.
Cash or money order required. In the case of puppies the adoption fee is higher due to the added expenses of puppy
shots ($250.00US adoption fee) $50.00 is a refundable deposit and will be returned at the time of neuter or spay.
This date will be designated in the final adoption agreement.
- Papers: You will not receive AKC papers with your adoption because your dog cannot be used for breeding. In instances where
the dog has not yet been spayed or neutered due to age or health, you must follow through later with spaying or neutering
(included with the fee).
- Tattooing: The dog will be tattooed for identification purposes using a D.R.L. prefix and log number at the time of
spaying or neutering.
- Release: You must sign a legal release protecting you, D.R.L. and the dog.
- Returning: If for some valid reason the adoption is not satisfactory, or you fail to comply with these terms, we must
take the dog back. YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER OWNERSHIP. Under NO circumstances will the dog be allowed to be used as a guard dog for
any profit-making agency. The dog's primary function must be that of HOUSE PET, protection comes naturally.
- We recommend that you follow a regular inaculation program established by your veterinarian to guarantee that your dog
stays healthy. For the safety of the dog, the heartworm preventative is required in Florida. We strongly recommend
the vaccination against parvo virus.
- Your dog must have a rabies shot and license in accordance with existing laws
- Since we do not know you personally, the information completed in the application will be used to match up the right
Dobe for your family.
- We DO NOT ship dogs.